Here I blog about writing, editing, reading, books, submissions, freelancing, getting published (and rejected), journalism, revisions, life after the MFA, teaching writing, and living the writer's life. Welcome. BUT -- if you are a writer: Write first, read blogs second.




Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Final for 2010: Oct-Nov Online Memoir & Personal Essay 4x4 Creative Nonfiction Writing Class

Update (10/20): A few spots are still available and I will accept registration, with payment, until Sunday.

ONLINE Memoir & Personal Essay Class: Creative Nonfiction. Four weeks. Four key topics.

Tackle four keys of creative nonfiction writing in four weeks. This is my final online class for 2010.

October 25 – November 21

This time around, the four topics are:

- Writing in Scenes
- Humor
- Narrative in Nonfiction
- Revising (and liking it)

Each week, there is a new lesson to read, examples to study, suggested craft readings, and writing assignments to turn in for (private) comment and feedback from the instructor. Plus, an online forum to interact with others enrolled in the class.

Cost: $165. (nonrefundable)

Payment is due upon registration, via PayPal or check. To register and/or ask questions, email me.

This class will not be offered again until Spring 2011. If you've already taken all of the 4x4 classes offered in 2010, watch this space in December when I'll announce a new list of topics for classes in January and March, 2011.

Former students, ask about your discount.

Here's what some 4x4 students had to say about their experience:

"The momentum of just four weeks, and the way the class was structured, kept me productive, and also had me thinking and feeling like a writer."

"Lisa's comments and detailed feedback were precise, on-point, clear and so very helpful."

"I learned I can do things as a writer which I avoided before. Lisa gave me confidence, and helped me see so much deeper into what I was writing. I've adopted her advice: 'Try it and see what happens.' "

"I had only taken workshop style classes before. But four weeks goes by quickly, and I found that without having to spend time critiquing others, I was able to focus and concentrate more on my own work."

"I liked being able to access all of the materials whenever/wherever I was. I also enjoyed the online discussions with the other students, which I could jump into when I had time."

"You can tell Lisa is writing every day, just like us."

"Best writing class bang for the buck!"

2 comments:

kario said...

I would like to register for the class, but the link from your post isn't working for me. Could you email me at odriscoll@msn.com?

Thanks!
Kari

Lisa Romeo said...

The link is now fixed. Thanks for letting me know, Kari. I've emailed you.
- Lisa