Perfect Your Pitch
Are you a freelance writer or blogger who frequently pitches story ideas to websites, magazines, newspapers, blogs, or newsletters? If you have a pitch—or two or 22—that is not working, or you want to perfect it before you send it out for the first time, I might be able to help.
How it works:
You pay $100 on account in advance, then I charge it off to you at $25 per pitch. (You don't have to "use up" all four pitches right away; your account stays open for 12 months.)
You send me:
- the pitch (anything from a rough initial draft to the current one you've been submitting)
- any questions/concerns you have
- a list of venues that have declined
- a copy of those rejections (if they said more than "no thanks")
- notes about what specific venues you want to pitch and/or what type/category of markets you are targeting
I may ask you a few questions, then I:
- provide feedback and edit suggestions
If you like, send it back to me for one additional pass and/or ask questions.
If you need a phone consult along the way, that's charged at $15 for about 15 minutes (not usually necessary, but available).
Turnaround time is five days or less. Rush 24-hour turnaround is available for an additional $15.
Payment is either by PayPal (see below); or credit card (email me and I'll call for your card number).
Questions? Email me.