Wednesday, July 16, 2008

That's a Wrap

The MFA is done...and two year's worth of fatigue has finally caught up with me. I'm far too tired even to brush my teeth, let alone blog. So, I'll catch up in a week or so with all the info on the end of the final residency, graduation and -- I promise -- answers (or at least attempts) to the two questions everyone keeps asking, "How does it feel?" and "Now what?"

Meanwhile, I'm spending the week napping, laying in the sand, eating clam chowder, playing mini-golf, eating ice cream, reading magazines and (non-literary) three-hour novels, playing badminton, eating lobster, and filling pages in my writing journal with doodles, tic-tac-toe, and the trolley schedule.

7 comments:

Jenny said...

Congrats!

Anonymous said...

WOOHOO! Enjoy your break!

Erika D. said...

Congratulations, Lisa! Enjoy your well-deserved naps, mini-golf games, and all the rest!

Michelle O'Neil said...

Oh Lisa! You did it!

Congratulations. Have a pint for me. (Ben & Jerry's not beer).

This is an incredible accomplishment.

Anonymous said...

Congrats! Enjoy the vacation.

Lisa Romeo said...

Thanks, everyone, for the kind words.

Yes, Michelle, I've been doing an exhuaustive job on that pint thing -- Ben & Jerry's, Brown's Old Fashioned Ice Cream, the Scoop Deck, Perkin's Cones, and every other lusciously fattening stop along the way.

Tried to work some off today with a few games of candlepin bowling, but the kids got frustrated w/those tiny balls and we all went off happily in search of salt water taffy instead....

Anonymous said...

Thanks a lot, Lisa. Now I have to go to the store to satisfy the craving you inspired!