Every week lately, I hear from or read about an acquaintance or two who have lost jobs in journalism, editorial, media, or publishing due to downsizing, closures, mergers and other situations. Recently, a laid-off friend and I compiled a list of job boards and resources. For anyone it may help, I'm posting it here. It's by no means comprehensive and is more reflective of that friend's current interests; but with the economy as it is, I can't see keeping it to myself.
Here's hoping you don't (and won't) need it. If you do, I hope you find something that is in at least some important way better than what you left behind.
- Two-Week CNF Workshops: You Choose the Week(s) and Topic(s)
- Perfect Your Pitch (for freelance writers)
- The Writers Circle, Winter 2017. Where Do I Begin? (Montclair); Multi-Genre Workshop (Summit)
- * I Should Be Writing! * Boot Camp: Reclaim Your Writing Life. A solo, on-demand, online course. Begin any time.
- Writing Coaching - Customized Assistance, Accountability, Feedback (booking Winter & Spring 2017)
- Editorial Services -- Hire Me for Editing, Feedback, Consultation, Writing, Ghostwriting, Collaboration
- My Writing / Selected Publications