►Over at Writers for the Red Cross, all this month you can bid on "publishing-related items and services donated by authors, publicists, agents, and editors."
►Are there really fewer women's bylines on OpEd and other opinion pages simply because women writers don't submit as frequently as men?
►For years, I've heard only good things – raves, actually – about Robert McKee's Story Seminar (late March/early April in New York City). Originally geared to screenwriters, I know many novelists and nonfiction writers who claim their approach to narrative was transformed by attending.
►The New York Times Sunday Magazine has killed the On Language column after 32 years. But there is a Facebook page urging its return.
►If the Borders in your backyard recently closed, there's a list of alternative independent bookstores by location over at Reluctant Habits.
►Plot got you puzzled? Check out The Plot Whisperer.
►I'm wondering what the slush pile is looking like over at Akashic Books since publisher Johnny Temple said in this interview that his company still accepts (welcomes!) non-agented submissions.
►Finally, sometimes I'm actually glad I live in New Jersey. When library cuts loomed, Jersey library supporters took to Twitter with cleverly inspired tweets.
Have a great weekend!
- The Writers Circle Summer Registration. I'm teaching flash CNF (South Orange); Submissions(Montclair); Teens (Drew Univ.)
- * I Should Be Writing! * Boot Camp: Reclaim Your Writing Life. A solo, on-demand, online course. Begin any time.
- Writing Coaching - Customized Assistance, Accountability, Feedback (booking Spring & Summer 2016)
- Editorial Services -- Hire Me for Writing Projects, Editing, Feedback, Consultation
- My Writing / Selected Publications