> I love Katie Riegel's "Literary Magazine Wishes"over at The Gloria Sirens. Sample: "A human-sounding 'about' page. Pretentious = no. You don’t have to deride other branches of the literary world in order to do what you do."
> Via the New York Times' Learning Network: "500 Prompts for Narrative and Personal Writing". (Yes, 500. Neatly categorized. 500.)
> Perhaps a bit surprisingly, for someone who thinks of herself as something of a word nerd, and at the risk of seeming old or out of step, I had to look up the top three new words of the year named by the Oxford Dictionaries.
> It could be that this kind of word fun is more my speed: Popsonnet, where pop song lyrics (old and new) are rendered as Shakespearean sonnets.
> At the Writer Beware blog, a reminder of "How NOT to Register Copyright," including scams, fees, and the law.
> Ten major writing errors a manuscript editors sees often, and ways to avoid them.
> Caroline Leavitt details the complexities of literature and litigation involving several of her books' characters, both real and imagined.
> Finally, some odd punctuation marks.
I'm putting together my next newsletter. If you'd like to stay in touch, please use this to sign up (you'll get about four a year):
Have a great weekend!
Image: Flickr/Creative Commons - Roger Wollstadt
- Writing Coaching - Customized Assistance, Accountability, Feedback (booking Spring & Summer 2017)
- Editorial Services -- Hire Me for Editing, Feedback, Consultation, Writing, Ghostwriting, Collaboration
- The Writers Circle, in-person classes in Northern NJ. Summer 2017 registration open.
- Perfect Your Pitch (for freelance writers)
- My Writing / Selected Publications
- Events 2017 (In Person)
- Book News