I am an experienced, thoughtful editor, and work with writers of fiction or nonfiction.
My rates are reasonable and I have many satisfied clients. I'm flexible, reliable, and professional. As a working writer myself, I hate to see other writers waste time or money, so if I'm not a good match I'll say so, and if possible, refer you on to someone else.
We find out by talking about your needs. There's never a fee for an initial phone consultation.
Individual pieces of (short) writing
$ 6.50 per original page
$ 3.50 per revised page (second / subsequent versions)
Telephone/Skype: $80/ hr
In-person: $ 95 / hr
Coaching: $325 / month (any consecutive 4-week period)
- Customized for each client.
- May include any/all: telephone calls; strategic goal setting; productivity/accountability check-ins; detailed editorial feedback for up to 12,000 words (approx 42 pages); unlimited email exchanges; two in-person meetings (if client is local or visiting area); specific craft advice, lessons, resources; writing exercises/prompts; submissions consultation.
- Appropriate for writers working on: essays, short stories, blog posts/blog development, short memoir pieces, poems, full novel or memoir manuscripts, chapbook organization/submission, anthology development/editing, book ideas in development, MFA research/applications/portfolios, columns, freelance strategies/querying/ submissions, book marketing/publicity, etc.
You can reserve coaching directly at my Coaching Page.
Full editorial package – up to 280* pages - $885
- includes complete reading; full detailed on-text notes & global editing suggestions, organizational recommendations, craft and story analysis, etc.; a substantial editorial summary report (usually about 8 single-spaced pages); three telephone calls (one before, one during, one after); unlimited emails for several weeks after return of material
- Additional pages $2.75/ each
- Line and copy edits (punctuation, usage, grammar, spelling, etc.), additional $200
Limited package – up to 280* pages - $250
- Includes reading of full manuscript; summary report; two phone calls (before & after), limited emails.
- Additional pages $1.75/ each
Other Services – custom priced, after email and/or phone discussion:
- - Ghostwriting (blog posts, as-told-to, essays, chapters, books, social media posts)
- - Editing (anthology pieces, websites, articles, dissertations)
- - Editorial feedback, consultation (MFA portfolios; query letters; synopses; book proposals)
- - Writing (features; criticism; web copy; corporate/marketing/business materials; press releases; testimonials; newsletters)
- - Anything else you can think of—if it involves words.