Kate Evans tagged me to pick up the work of fiction closest to where I'm sitting right now that has 123 pages or more, turn to page 123, find the fifth sentence, then post it and the next three sentences.
So, here goes
- Book: High 5ive: An Anthology of Fiction From 10 Years of Five Points
- What's on page 123: it's the fifth page of a 14-page short story, "The Wedding of Snow and Ice" by Alice Hoffman
- Here's the fifth sentence and the next three sentences:
She liked the way he looked at snow, the intensity on his face, there when they made love, there whenever he was concentrating and trying to figure things out.
"Hal might be away. I think he might still be working on that house in Bourne. She might be alone there with Josephine."
I tag anyone who will have fun with this. Pass it on.
- Writing Coaching - Customized Assistance, Accountability, Feedback (booking Winter & Spring 2017)
- Editorial Services -- Hire Me for Editing, Feedback, Consultation, Writing, Ghostwriting, Collaboration
- The Writers Circle, Spring 2017. Northern NJ. Where Do I Begin? (Montclair); Multi-Genre Workshop (Summit)
- Perfect Your Pitch (for freelance writers)
- My Writing / Selected Publications
- Events (In Person)