I'm dealing with an annoying, painful (but thankfully not-serious physical ailment); hence the lack of regular posts. There is a definite connection between unremitting pain, lack of sleep, and the inability to write (or even think) clearly. Things are under control now, so I hope to resume posting, beginning with this short, catch-up Friday list. Many thanks to those who sent emails asking if I was okay. I am.
► At YourTango's LoveMom blog this week, I wrote a piece titled, "Does Parenthood Mean You're Grounded?" For a long time, I thought (and acted as if) it did, and then I smartened up. I hope you'll click over and read it.
► Shelf is a planned iPad magazine, set to debut in September, with the emphasis on books, reviews, independent bookstores, author interviews and excerpts. The first 10,000 people to connect on Facebook (search for Shelf Magazine) or contact the publisher by email, get a free download of the premiere issue.
► If you haven't read last week's guest post by novelist Laraine Herring and her new book, Ghost Swamp Blues, I hope you will. Leave a comment at that post to win a signed copy of her book (now extended until June 25).
►And finally, this fun little Tumblr, SlushPileHell, where "a grumpy literary agent wades through query fails" kept me amused this past week or so.
Have a great weekend.
- The Writers Circle (Northern NJ) Spring registration open. I'm teaching in Summit, Ridgewood, Montclair.
- * I Should Be Writing! * Boot Camp: Reclaim Your Writing Life. A solo, on-demand, online course. Begin any time.
- Writing Coaching - Customized Assistance, Guidance, Editorial Feedback (booking Spring & Summer 2015)
- Editorial Services
- One-Week CNF Workshops: You Choose the Week(s) and Topic(s)
- Events 2015
- My Writing / Publications