"The first law of holes: If you are in one, stop digging." – Lord Dennis Healey.
To this I add, from a writer perspective: And stop talking about that lousy hole, too.
I'm talking about that writing hole you say you have fallen into? You know -- that gaping, deep, black, horrible NON-WRITING hole.
Stop making it bigger.
You keep digging the hole every time you run that endless, boring, useless tape in response to others who ask how the writing is going. You begin talking (or emailing) about how ... your writing routine is MIA, you hate all your current ideas, your draft sucks, the revisions will never get done, you don't have enough time, you need a better system (and a new desk chair too), your husband/lover/mother isn't supportive of your writing, you got another rejection….and all the rest.
You're digging your hole deeper with all of that trash talk. Stop it.
- Writing Coaching - Customized Assistance, Accountability, Feedback (booking Spring & Summer 2017)
- Editorial Services -- Hire Me for Editing, Feedback, Consultation, Writing, Ghostwriting, Collaboration
- The Writers Circle, in-person classes in Northern NJ. Summer 2017 registration open.
- Perfect Your Pitch (for freelance writers)
- My Writing / Selected Publications
- Events 2017 (In Person)
- Book News