► Some interesting posts and interviews lately over on the blog of the Denver Independent Creative Writing Program, like this one by Robin Black, which discusses, in part, one of my favorite craft topics – writing beginnings.
►As always, Dani Shapiro nails it with this post about the grit (not glitter) of the writer's life.
►Poynter offers this round-up of links to an interview series with prominent food writers, about the current status, impact and future of food writing.
►Lisa Tener ran a terrific interview about writing memoir, with one of my favorite writers (and mentors), Richard Hoffman, memoirist and poet.
►Want to make sure your book will be a formatter's nightmare if it goes on the Kindle? Just follow the advice of Garth Risk Hallberg's Seven Steps to Kindle-Proof Your Book at The Millions. You will be in dubiously fabulous company, by the way.
►Editors and other staffers of the New York Times Sunday Magazine publish a blog, The 6th Floor.
►Finally if, like me, you find the disclaimers/authors' notes at the front of many modern memoirs of interest, you'll love this mash-up by Marty Kihn, which combines not just new, but older and unexpected ones as well.
Have a great weekend!
- Writing Coaching - Customized Assistance, Accountability, Feedback (booking Winter & Spring 2017)
- Editorial Services -- Hire Me for Editing, Feedback, Consultation, Writing, Ghostwriting, Collaboration
- The Writers Circle, Spring 2017. Northern NJ. Where Do I Begin? (Montclair); Multi-Genre Workshop (Summit)
- Perfect Your Pitch (for freelance writers)
- My Writing / Selected Publications
- Events (In Person)