Friday, May 18, 2012

Friday Fridge Clean-Out: Links for Writers, May 18, 2012 Edition



► The New Yorker's new blog, Page-Turner, offers "Criticism, contention, and conversation about books that matter."

► My morning walking buddy let me know that Anne Lamott was recently on Studio 360. You now have my permission to leave my blog and possibly never return...

► At the Knopf Doubleday YouTube page, the Writers on Writing series features 30-second insights from 28 authors, including Cheryl Strayed, Alexander McCall Smith, Isabel Wilkerson, Chris Bohjalian, and others. (via GalleyCat)

►In preparing for a mini-workshop last night, in which I would be talking about the segmented essay, I stumbled on "This is What the Spaces Say," from Robert Root.

►A many-times published novelist (who's been a midlist and a NYT best-selling author) shares some financial facts of the writing life.

► Finally, rethinking your writing space? For inspiration, check out this post at Metre Maids, where "Some ladies and this guy blog about poetry."

Have a great weekend!

No comments: