> Can you handle "brutal criticism" of your work? The University of Southern New Hampshire's MFA blog offers advice.
> Does anyone else sometimes resort to a physical cut-and-paste when dealing with an unruly revision? I do.
> Over the years, I've learned a lot from Wendy Burt-Thomas via her blog Ask Wendy the Query Queen. She's decided to discontinue the blog, but you can still mine it for plenty of tips and advice. Thanks, Wendy!
> Writing exercises and daily tasks for writing new/short plays, over at Grub Street Daily.
> Submissions fees: yea or nay? Interesting discussion going on over at Erika Dreifus's blog.
> Casinos know how to attract crowds. Hosting signings and meet-and-greets with popular mainstream authors is working for at least one gaming venue. (via Beyond The Margins)
> Finally, some holiday editing humor. (My husband's 98-year-old aunt recited the entire Twas the Night Before Christmas the other day at dinner, and I doubt she would have appreciated this!) Plus, puns for English nerds.
Have a great weekend!
- Writing Coaching - Customized Assistance, Accountability, Feedback (booking Spring & Summer 2017)
- Editorial Services -- Hire Me for Editing, Feedback, Consultation, Writing, Ghostwriting, Collaboration
- The Writers Circle, in-person classes in Northern NJ. Summer 2017 registration open. Submission Strategies; and Creative Nonfiction (Montclair); Multi-Genre Workshop (Summit)
- Perfect Your Pitch (for freelance writers)
- My Writing / Selected Publications
- Events (In Person)