Quick, besides your local independent bookstore, your writing group, and your local writing center (if you are lucky enough to have one nearby), as a writer, what's your most important local resource?
If you answered your local library, then stop in some time this week and say thank you – maybe to the reference librarian you pester when your research is bogged down, or the children's specialist who keeps your little ones engaged (and fertilizes the next generation of readers), or the inter-loan expert who tracks down those obscure out-of-print texts. Or, the web wizard who helped you figure out the best way to word your searches.
Where would writers be without libraries and the folks who work there?
At my local library, they set up cookies and coffee yesterday to celebrate National Library Week. Tomorrow, I’m bringing them flowers.
- * I Should Be Writing! * Boot Camp: Reclaim Your Writing Life
- The Writers Circle - Take my in-person classes in Northern NJ - Summer Session begins July 7
- Writing Coaching - Customized Assistance
- Editorial Services
- Rutgers University (Continuing Ed)
- One-Week CNF Workshops: You Choose the Week(s) and Topic(s)