A whole lot of links for a lazy, humid Friday afternoon (at least here in Jersey).
> How Larry Smith managed to wrest a Six (not a five!) Word Memoir from the late Frank McCourt for one of the upcoming installments in what has now become a series of Six Word Memoir compilations.
> If you are an author and doing some (or all) of your own book publicity (and who isn't?), then these tips from Maria Schneider, about how to approach book bloggers and a list of 25 worthwhile book blogs, might be useful.
> Writer Mark Fitten, on an extensive (and one assumes, self-financed) tour to promote his new novel, is blogging about the best 100 independent book stores he visits. He's at store number 40, and working his way through the Pacific Northwest right now, providing great photos and commentary on each store, until he reaches the East Coast.
> Does Ben Mezrich's newest nonfiction book, The Accidental Billionaires, belong on the fiction racks? In this Boston Globe interview, he notes, “I see myself as attempting to break ground. I definitely am trying to create my own genre here. . . . I’m attempting to tell stories in a very new and entertaining way. I see myself as an entertainer.’’ Ahem.
> Need writing prompts? Or better yet, curious about how to find dozens of writing prompts by looking around your everyday life? Cameron Chapman can help with both here.
> Find all kinds of inspiring yet realistic writing advice, tips, stories about the writing life, and other good stuff from Barbara Abercrombie over at her blog
> Just for fun: The "Blog" of "Unnecessary" Quotation Marks. Just what it says. Enjoy.
Have a great weekend.
- End of 2013 Specials -- For Former Clients and Students Only - Discounts until Dec. 8
- * I Should Be Writing! * Boot Camp for Procrastinators & Busy People (ONLINE) Jan.13 - Feb.15
- The Writers Circle - In-person classes in Northern NJ. Winter 2014 registration now open.
- Writing Coaching - Customized Support, Guidance, Advice, Feedback - Month by Month
- Editing / Critical Feedback / Manuscript Evaluation / Other Writing / Editing Services
- Rutgers Continuing Ed (New Brunswick)