I don't recall where I got this list, but I've been carrying it in my wallet for years. The idea is, when faced with difficult circumstances, one of these 17 actions is likely to be the key to moving ahead. It may not be particularly writer-oriented, but I've found it useful in both professional and personal situations. I'm passing it along in the hope it may help you in some way in your 2011 writing life:
Since getting the original list, I've penciled in two additional words of my own: Rest and Ask.
From the original list, I often find Listen, Persist and Wait to be the most effective.
Have any words to add?
- * I Should Be Writing! * Boot Camp: Reclaim Your Writing Life
- The Writers Circle - Take my in-person classes in Northern NJ - Summer Session begins July 7
- Writing Coaching - Customized Assistance
- Editorial Services
- Rutgers University (Continuing Ed)
- One-Week CNF Workshops: You Choose the Week(s) and Topic(s)