Having a busy week, and one deadline still ahead. Here are a few quick links for your weekend. Me, I'll be snowed in, which I will love. What reader wouldn't?
► Oh, boy has this condemnation of the memoir got people talking. Mostly nonfiction people. Mostly about how wrong this writer is. You decide.
►Check out this terrific interview with Dani Shapiro, whose new memoir, Devotion, is just out.
► Read Steve Almond's take on self-publishing, publishing paradigm shifts, and how he didn't really self-publish but he sort of did. And, how and why he's enjoying the process of producing and selling his own book, his way.
► Taking the "free" out of freelancer, as this post advocates – as in not agreeing to work for free – is certainly a worthy goal, but not always feasible for new writers when dozens of others are willing to do so.
►The Geraldine R. Dodge Poetry Festival will live again, this time in Newark, NJ (or, in the local parlance, just a few exits away).
►Proofreading and copy editing geeks may like this error-showcasing blog.
►And finally, just for fun: I had no idea what a "literal version" of a music video was until I saw this clever send-up of the classic, Billie Jean.
Have a great weekend.
- Writing Coaching - Customized Assistance, Accountability, Feedback (booking Spring & Summer 2017)
- Editorial Services -- Hire Me for Editing, Feedback, Consultation, Writing, Ghostwriting, Collaboration
- The Writers Circle, in-person classes in Northern NJ. Summer 2017 registration open.
- Perfect Your Pitch (for freelance writers)
- My Writing / Selected Publications
- Events 2017 (In Person)
- Book News