If you stop by here regularly, you may know about the Prompts Projects. During January and February, about 60 writers signed on to receive a daily writing prompt via email. Along the way, some let me know how they were using the prompts to invigorate writing routines. Susan, a prose writer, found that one day's prompt, "Required Reading," lead her to poetry.
Susan writes, "I don’t usually write poetry, but by taking a different path for this prompt, I was reminded how much story could be told in a few carefully chosen words."
Here is Susan's prompted poem, inspired, on January 24, by the Haiti news coverage.
Love and feeding
Some still breathing
New news leading
Susan even kept another blog, SFD (S*#ty First Drafts), to chronicle her prompt writing experience.
- Two-Week CNF Workshops: You Choose the Week(s) and Topic(s)
- Perfect Your Pitch (for freelance writers)
- The Writers Circle, Fall 2016. I'm teaching Where Do I Begin? (Montclair); Multi-Genre Workshop (Summit)
- * I Should Be Writing! * Boot Camp: Reclaim Your Writing Life. A solo, on-demand, online course. Begin any time.
- Writing Coaching - Customized Assistance, Accountability, Feedback (booking Fall 2016)
- Editorial Services -- Hire Me for Editing, Feedback, Consultation, Writing
- My Writing / Selected Publications