How do you get an agent? How many should you query at once? What to do when two different agents ask for an exclusive? What happens when an agent makes an offer?
These and other questions are answered, at least in one case, by my friend Linda K. Sienkiewicz, in two blog posts about her recent journey while seeking an agent for her novel - you can read them here and here.
And as @laurieabkemeier, an agent, said recently on Twitter: At the end of the day, it only takes one agent, one editor, one publisher, who believes in the book.
- The Writers Circle (Northern NJ) Summer 2015. I'm teaching in Ridgewood, Montclair, & Teen Intensive/Drew Univ.
- * I Should Be Writing! * Boot Camp: Reclaim Your Writing Life. A solo, on-demand, online course. Begin any time.
- Writing Coaching - Customized Assistance, Guidance, Editorial Feedback (booking Summer 2015)
- Editorial Services
- One-Week CNF Workshops: You Choose the Week(s) and Topic(s)
- Events 2015
- My Writing / Publications