►Novelist Janet Fitch has 10 Writing Tips That Can Help Almost Anyone. I concur.
► Neiman Storyboard did it again, this week with a Q/A with Rebecca Skloot (author of recent NYT bestseller The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks), on the subject of writing narrative history. You'll want to click over just for the photo of Skloot's visual organizing board.
► Do you like interviews? Mark Twain clearly didn't. I found this over at the UMagazinology blog, which concerns itself with the material carried in, and the creation of, magazines published by colleges and universities.
►At the Guide to Literary Agents blog, a step-by-step outline of a proposal for a (reported or prescriptive) nonfiction book. (hat tip to Nathan Bransford).
► Harriet Brown, a brave women writer (who edited the Feed Me! collection in which I had an essay), debuts the book trailer for her forthcoming memoir, Brave Girl Eating, about her family's efforts to help one of her daughters overcome anorexia.
► Ever take on a writing project specifically to rev up a non-writing part of your life? One of my New Jersey writing buddies Steph Auteri got a taste recently.
Have a great weekend.
- Writing Coaching - Customized Assistance, Accountability, Feedback (booking Spring & Summer 2017)
- Editorial Services -- Hire Me for Editing, Feedback, Consultation, Writing, Ghostwriting, Collaboration
- The Writers Circle, in-person classes in Northern NJ. Summer 2017 registration open.
- Perfect Your Pitch (for freelance writers)
- My Writing / Selected Publications
- Events 2017 (In Person)
- Book News