“Amen, especially the part about the number of revisions it can take to polish a 1000 word essay. Very occasionally complete essays are ‘gifted’ to me. More often they take weeks to construct - sometimes the process feels like working to build a bridge from both banks of the river simultaneously. Thanks for your post.”
Thank you, Lisa M.
- Writing Coaching - Customized Assistance, Accountability, Feedback (booking Spring & Summer 2017)
- Editorial Services -- Hire Me for Editing, Feedback, Consultation, Writing, Ghostwriting, Collaboration
- The Writers Circle, in-person classes in Northern NJ. Summer 2017 registration open.
- Perfect Your Pitch (for freelance writers)
- My Writing / Selected Publications
- Events 2017 (In Person)
- Book News
Wednesday, August 4, 2010
Personal Essay Writing and the Heavy Construction Connection
I love reading the comments others leave, not only because I enjoy knowing that something I posted here connected with other writers, but also because I usually learn something. Like this gem, left by Lisa McKay, on a recent guest post from Candy Schulman. Lisa’s comment about Candy’s description of the essay writing process hit the bull’s eye for me. She wrote: