Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Personal Essay Writing and the Heavy Construction Connection

I love reading the comments others leave, not only because I enjoy knowing that something I posted here connected with other writers, but also because I usually learn something. Like this gem, left by Lisa McKay, on a recent guest post from Candy Schulman. Lisa’s comment about Candy’s description of the essay writing process hit the bull’s eye for me. She wrote:

“Amen, especially the part about the number of revisions it can take to polish a 1000 word essay. Very occasionally complete essays are ‘gifted’ to me. More often they take weeks to construct - sometimes the process feels like working to build a bridge from both banks of the river simultaneously. Thanks for your post.”

Thank you, Lisa M.

No comments: