> Whether entering the contest, or as a writing exercise, this Brevity flash nonfiction essay challenge can only help improve one's creative nonfiction writing craft.
> Dinty W. Moore, at Bill Roorbach's blog, has a few things to say about Bill's (not so bad) advice to writers: think in 10 year segments, and be "porous and available."
> Did you know that Submittable, which manages submissions for a large number of literary journals and contests, rounds up a list of upcoming deadlines every couple of weeks at their blog?
> Wonder about optimal word counts for novel or children's books? Some guidelines.
> Need a few reading suggestions? This list of "100 Great Nonfiction Books" will keep you going for a while.
> Richard Blanco, who wrote and read his fine poem at President Obama's inauguration, penned a thoughtful essay about how his grandmother's disgust at his sexual orientation inadvertently shaped his work as a writer.
> Interesting review about what sounds like an insightful book, Good Prose, by Tracy Kidder and his long time editor, Richard Todd.
> Finally, have a laugh at The Awl, with Modern Love: A (Likely!) Statistical Breakdown Of The Weekly 'New York Times' Column.
- End of 2013 Specials -- For Former Clients and Students Only - Discounts until Dec. 8
- * I Should Be Writing! * Boot Camp for Procrastinators & Busy People (ONLINE) Jan.13 - Feb.15
- The Writers Circle - In-person classes in Northern NJ. Winter 2014 registration now open.
- Writing Coaching - Customized Support, Guidance, Advice, Feedback - Month by Month
- Editing / Critical Feedback / Manuscript Evaluation / Other Writing / Editing Services
- Rutgers Continuing Ed (New Brunswick)