> Find resources, tips, advice and more about writing very short nonfiction over at Flash Memoirs.
> Personally I'm not upset that Duotrope is charging a fee now for its resources and services. Those who submit regularly to literary journals and don't currently use the site might want to read this post for the mostly thumbs up (and the comments for a few thumbs down).
> Food is usually a welcome sensory addition to memoir. At this Biographile post, a look at four well done food scenes from Fresh Off the Boat by Eddie Huang.
> The New York Times says that the short story is not only not dead, but making a comeback, thanks in part of George Saunders' recently published acclaimed new collection, The Tenth of December. But Laura Miller at Salon says, in short: Bull.
> You could do worse than investigate YOU: An Anthology of Essays Devoted to the Second Person, from Welcome Table Press.
> Finally, I'm humbled by Elaine Kehoe's lovely account of how completing my Boot Camp class helped her move writing back to a central place in her life. What a way to end the week!
Have a great weekend.
- * I Should Be Writing! * Boot Camp: Reclaim Your Writing Life
- The Writers Circle - Take my in-person classes in Northern NJ - Summer Session begins July 7
- Writing Coaching - Customized Assistance
- Editorial Services
- Rutgers University (Continuing Ed)
- One-Week CNF Workshops: You Choose the Week(s) and Topic(s)