Links to love (or at least like).
• Great advice on the Editor’s Blog at the Guide to Literary Agents site.
• What did former NY Times restaurant critic Frank Bruni learn about his own new memoir, Born Round, while recording the audiobook narration?
• Are you a woman? Do you write humor, especially the irreverent kind? The Rumpus may want you (or at least your writing).
• Doing a lot of the publicity and marketing for your own children’s book? Good tips here.
• Buying books, CDs, DVDs, and other items via Public Radio Market seems like an excellent way to support public radio.
• A literary experience at an airport? An established British author is the official writer-in-residence at London’s Heathrow for one week, interviewing, observing, musing. The result will be short book, and the text will NOT be subjected to the approval of airport management or its PR folks (who dreamed up the idea).
• Like book sites crammed with lots more than reviews? Do explore The Millions.
• IndieReader has quietly launched, a place for readers to buy, and authors to sell, self-published books (after they pass a vetting process, apparently).
• Ruth Graham lost her job at a print magazine. So what's the next logical thing? A two-month solo road trip. Of course, she’s blogging about it.
Have a great weekend.
- Writing Coaching - Customized Assistance, Accountability, Feedback (booking Spring & Summer 2017)
- Editorial Services -- Hire Me for Editing, Feedback, Consultation, Writing, Ghostwriting, Collaboration
- The Writers Circle, in-person classes in Northern NJ. Summer 2017 registration open.
- Perfect Your Pitch (for freelance writers)
- My Writing / Selected Publications
- Events 2017 (In Person)
- Book News