Wednesday, February 6, 2008

On Not Reading

Now reading: Nothing. That's right, nothing.

First, it was because I needed the space in my head to digest all that I had heard while attending the AWP conference last week.

Then, it was because I had to catch up with all the many sections of the Times which had stacked up on the dining room table while I was attending the AWP conference last week.

Finally, it's because I am living inside of the 150 pages of my fourth-semester MFA manuscript which are due in less than a week and which I maybe should have been working on instead of attending the AWP conference last week.

However, if I were to start reading a new book right now, it would be: Chosen By a Horse, by Susan Richards. Why? Let's see, it's a memoir, it's written by a woman, and it's about her relationship with a horse. Any other questions? Oh, and it's been calling out to me from my to-be-read bookshelf since a friend sent it to me two months ago.

But it will have to wait. I'm sure Susan, a writing instructor as well as an author, will understand.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Oh, cool. I'm adding this to my wish list.