Which brings me to the top 20 most-read blog posts of 2017, which I'm happy to say include several guest posts from writers I've been lucky to host.
In case you missed a few the first time around, now's a great time to catch up. Especially number 14, which suggests a terrific thing for writers to do before 2018 begins! (Friday Fridge Clean-Out posts are not listed.)
1. Guest Blogger Melanie Brooks on: Writing Your Story, and Crying if you Want (or Need) To
2. Memoir Cover: First Peek (Happy Birthday, Dad)
3. Memoir Book Report – Part III: The Pitch Session that Changed Everything (even though it was "unsuccessful")
4. Memoir Book Report, Part V: Weathering the Query & Manuscript Submission Cycle, from Confusion to Contact to Contract
5. Being Ethel to a BFF's Lucy Yields one Personal Essay after Another
6. Memoir Book Report: Process, Production, Path to Publication – Part I: Sign, Wait, Hope, Think, Revise
7. I Resolve to...Read. And read and read and read and read
8. What I Heard and Learned at the AWP Writers Conference
9. Guest Blogger David Galef on: One Solution to a Lot in a Little Space -- The Flash Vignette
10. Read-Along. Like a Ride-Along. But with books.
11. Memoir Book Report -- Part IV: Title Roulette
12. Guest Blogger Martha Moffett on Writing Submissions and the Race to the Bottom: The Rejection Club
13. Of Paper, Files, Age and Advice
14. What's on Your Writer's *I Did It List* for 2017?
15. Guest Blogger Pam Lobley on How She Wrote a Parenting Book Without Really Meaning To
16. Writer Fights AWP Siren. AWP Wins. Notes on a Last Minute Writers Conference Trip.
17. Memoir Book Report: Part II -- Final Manuscript Revisions
18. Guest Blogger Marjorie Simmins on Memoir, Starry Night Memories, and What She Learned from a Workshop Student
19. Home from Hippocamp with a Bunch of Thoughts about Writers Conferences
20. Guest Blogger Judy Mollen Walters on Creating Fictional Worlds From What We Know