Friday, May 4, 2012

Friday Fridge Clean-Out: Links for Writers, May 4, 2012 Edition


► Michael Steinberg, founding editor of Fourth Genre, one of the few literary journals fully devoted to nonfiction, has links to several useful articles about creation nonfiction craft at his brand-new blog (scroll down left margin for craft essay links). 


►I'm loving the new email newsletter from the Review Review  (a site that reviews literary journals), overflowing with links out to up-to-the-minute articles, posts, contests, and other things literary, from many sources.


► Nicola Morgan (Britain's "Crabbit Old Bat" blogger) reminds us that publishers are "in it for the money," so we'd all best just get over it.


► Book trailers: fan, skeptic, or on the fence?  Randy Susan Meyers has a few thoughts – and some great video examples.


►A friend recently asked me for tips on writing a nonfiction book proposal, and while I couldn't locate the excellent template I found just last week (and was certain I had bookmarked!), I could pass along these worthwhile resources, found here, and here, and here, and here. 


► Finally, what Alison Espach thought twice about listing as a writing business expense on her taxes. Almost makes me want to go back and re-do my own taxes.


Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

Lynn said...

I'm coming by way of MNINB and looks like your blog is another wealth of info for writers. I'll have to check it out more thoroughly when I have more time.

Lynn said...

Okay, now I've awarded you the Liebster Award, http://lynnobermoeller.blogspot.com/2012/05/liebster-blog-award.html